Monday, May 7, 2012

Sunday was an emotional day for me filled with much excitement and tears of joy.  The realization of serving the next 10 weeks in West Africa and the confirmation of true friendship.  Trusting in God's provision and going to be the hands and feet of Him this summer was not an easy decision.  I believe the decision to finally go was another breaking down of "self" so that I will realize my dependence is on Him and not myself.  So many things have happened over the last 2 years and I have had no choice but to be completely dependent on Him.  He has provided so much and in the most amazing ways and used those close to me and people that I didn't know at all to humble me before Himself.  In my fears and lack of faith He continues to prove Himself faithful - He draws me nearer.  I have literally shed tears over my lack of faith and His provision.  Thank you Father for loving me and adopting me into your Kingdom.  Thank you for the opportunity to share, show, teach and serve this summer among those who may never know your Glory.  Keep me focused on you LORD and use me to further your Kingdom.

Thank you Father for the church and your provision to share your truths with others.  Thank you Father for placing such amazing friends in my life who are encouraging and eager for your Glory to be known among the nations.  Thank you LORD for the leadership at Brook Hills where your truth is preached without compromise and your name is proclaimed boldly.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! You figured out how to update all on your own! I loved being a part of your commissioning on Sunday and getting to see you over the weekend. I love your heart for the nations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lisa, Carrie and I are hoping you are doing well. We will pray for you and your relationship with Him and His that He sent you to.

    Isn't it amazing to think He would ever use US? I know, if it were up to us, we would mess it up so bad, but praise God, He didn't leave it up to us! He IS good. He IS mighty. He IS sovereign. Praise God Almighty for allowing us to be part of His plan, and praise Him for ever and ever.

    ReplyDelete