Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day -- this has been an emotional day for me.  I have not cried that much since my mother passed.  I have rejoiced that she had been given her garment of salvation and her robe of righteousness and is singing praises to Jesus.  As most mother's do, mine always knew what to say to make me feel better, her comforting words and tender touch was all I needed to be encouraged to face another challenge.  Whether it is the fact that she has been dead 3 years or the upcoming Mission Trip, or my roller coaster relationship with my Daddy or a combination of it all.  Today, I just wanted her here with me, to fix the hurt relationship with Daddy and to encourage me about making disciples.

Being an adopted child, I can truly say that a Mother's love knows no boundaries.  There were times she wanted to pinch my head off (I'm positive of that!!) but she knew that going in - She always told me I was born in her heart not in her womb.  I was her gift from God.  She was my teacher, my counselor, my cheerleader and my dearest friend and today I just wanted to hold her hand and tell her I love you!

Thank you God for the gift of Mothers.  You Oh Lord, fill a mother's heart with love and patience, kindness and gentleness.  Thank you God for the gift of my mother - though not of her flesh and blood but adopted just as you have adopted me.  She showed me love and favor and held me close to her heart, just as you Father have shown me grace and mercy and drew me nearer to you.  She told me of your majesty as You revealed yourself to me.  I thank you Father for the gift of Mothers and today mine dwells with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment