Friday, May 18, 2012

I am truly blessed beyond measure with some amazing friends and wonderful faith family.  Just a few more days and I will be up - up and away to share the good news of Christ with a people group that has never heard His name before.  I'm so excited to see God work and wonder how He is going to use this missionary journey to change me and draw me closer to him.  I had a wonderful dinner with friends that included my first Beth Moore bible study and quality time in prayer.  He is greater than any traveling fear that I have and there is comfort in knowing that He has gone before me to prepare the way.

He continue to show me His glory - showing me that while I will be serving His people in West Africa He is also handling and taking care of everything for school.  My academic adviser said that she would register me early for my classes since I will not be back in time for registration for school and that I have an "A" average and this time next year we will be talking about transferring to UAB.  WOW - I have finally made it through my Freshmen year of college - it has only taken 17 years.  I am also applying for my first scholarship - a lot of "new" and "first" for me during this season of my life.  I really should not be surprised because once you turn your life completely over to God - He really does turn your world upside down (or right side up) headed in a new direction on a new path toward the Light!  He makes the impossible possible - He provides strength to persevere in times of weakness and struggle.  He replaces my fear with comfort - What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?  Romans 8:31

No comments:

Post a Comment